Art Contest Winner!!!- [May 3rd
Congo rats to "Ferretns" who won the banner art contest. For
his effors, Ferretns picked up a pair of Inferno boots, a 202 Omni Turn Spirit
and 25mil credits not to mention thats his banner at the top of
your screen.. To see the other entries you can visit the forum post
Thank you to all those who took part. Hope you had fun.
Art Contest- [April 17th
Being the sorry excuse for the artist I am, I am going to start a contest.
As you may have noticed I haven't changed the Title Banner in
quite some time. I've kept it until now, even though its ugly, because
it was small on space. Now that I have more space I'd like a better
one, and since I havn't really given anythng away in a while, I figured I'd
run a contest to give the soldier community something to do :) Thusly,
this contest. For the next two weeks I'll be accepting new title banners
created by players and the one I like best will be used from now on as well
as the winner given a prize :)
|- I am the judge, jury and executioner. My decision is final. I
may change rules when I see fit.
- I am free to use all entrants' art as I want for the website.
- Contest runs for 2 weeks. No submissions will be taken after 11:59pm
- Participant must play soldiers as one of their mains. (No people who log
on soldier soccasionally for a few min because they are bored)
- So far I only have prizes for RK-1: Atlantian participants. This may change
though, so still feel free to enter if your on RK-2. At the very least your
banner will be used for the site.
- The current banner's size is 780*100. All entrants' banners MUST
be 780 pixels wide, however height is changable. *Note* Within reason, remember
this has to fit nicely on all differenty types of monitor resolutions. If
its a bit too tall I'll cut it down a bit, but if its HUGE I just won't pick
- Banners must include the phrase "AO Soldiers" or "Anarchy-Online
- Banners can be in any picture format you want, but I will probably change
- You can enter as many times as you want, but the banners must be of your
- Banners will be judged on looks, file size (if animated), quality, etc,
- Please mail all entries to
be sure to include your character's name and dimention. If you are sending
multiple/large submissions in one email, please zip them.
This is a list of all the current prizes being awarded to the winner. I will
start of with a single item, and for every new person (not banner) who enter's
the contest I will add an additional prize either in the form of credits
or some soldier-specific item like a Turn Spirit or Artillery Implants or
stuff along that nature. So get all your soldier friends to enter as well
:) So far prizes are only for the overall winner. But depending on what gets
sent in I will award additional prizes. So if you have some other non-banner
art that could be useful send it in as well.
|- Total People Who Have Entered So Far: 3
- Inferno Boots
- 202 Omni TS
- 10 million Credits
Thats all for now. I'll let you know if anything changes.
So get to work and tell your friends.
15.5 Updates- [April 16h
Sorry for the delay. Normally I'd have things ready to go for a patch
day and I said I'd have the site done by last weekend, but i've been real
busy IRL and in game they keep dragging me off for Tier2 raids :P
Nothing too special this time around. Just general
patch updates, item adds, that sort of stuff. Look Forward
to a new contest soon.
|- Updated the SL Asault Rifle Guide to unclude new sources of Turn
-Fixed Stats for the Artillery Symbs to match the new ones.
- Updated Gaijin's Skill Req Guide and changed it into a .html page.
- Added a few more location on where to find things.
- Added the following weapons to the Gun Rack to bring it up to patch 15.5.
(Massive Bolt Charger, Mortig Blaster, Perennium Blaster, Blinded
- Added a Guide for creating Perennium Blasters to the Briefing Room